Thursday, June 02, 2011

Austerity

So our last two credit card bills were a bit painful to pay off. Trips east, major car repairs, birthdays, a visit to the vet that was twice what I thought it would be (I didn't realize I was being quoted a price per cat, not the total for the two of them!).

Austerity measures are now in force for the balance of the month of June: no purchases that are not very carefully considered, and particularly no eating out without a very special reason.

Luckily we've already paid for a few upcoming treats so we won't feel totally deprived. Jack will have his swimming lessons, his first at the Springville pool. Roger and I will have a Park City getaway thanks to my very first Groupon purchase. And I've got a plane ticket for Boston in July for my very first high school reunion (that I'll attend, that is).

I always feel better when I've got a plane ticket in my possession.

3 comments:

Robin said...

I hope you are able to get through the month without feeling too deprived. It sounds like those treats might just do the trick.

Kazzy said...

I love GROUPONS! I hope you have a month full of free fun!

LGTownsend said...

"I always feel better when I've got a plane ticket in my possession." My new motto. :-)