Friday, June 24, 2011

A One-Two Punch

It took me years to get used to leaving voice mail messages for people. I still ramble too much even now. Also, I am not very comfortable having my picture taken or being videotaped. Needless to say, I routinely shy away from recording devices.

But today? I've been put on the record not just once, but twice.

The Once

This morning, Roger and I were interviewed for a new talk radio show called This'll Take a While. BYU Radio is being picked up by Sirius XM next month and they're working on developing programming for a more national audience. The host, who was one of our bookstore customers, invited us to talk about a broad range of things, including where we come from, how and why we decided to open a bookstore, and what it's led us to since.

Well, for one, it led us to a recording studio! (Wish we'd taken a picture of us sitting in front of giant microphones with our headphones on.)

Our interview, which was recorded "as if live," will air on BYU Radio next Tuesday at 1:00 p.m. MDT. It's an hour-long show, and you can listen to it online by clicking here. Then it should go in the queue for rebroadcasting from time to time after that. I don't know if or when it will be available for listening on demand.

The Twice

This evening, Jack and I had the opportunity to dance with Matt for a new video that should come out later this year (Roger took pictures). Matt travels all over the world and dances his own little dance in front of all sorts of landmarks--some well known, some just typical of the place he's visiting. Over the years he's involved more and more people in his project.

Here is Matt's latest dancing video. If you haven't seen it before it's worth the few minutes it takes to watch.


Just thinking about Matt's adventures makes me smile. What a positive contribution he makes to the world. And we got to dance with him tonight!

Matt gave the group some last minute instructions before joining us in the Great Salt Lake to dance.


Here we are with Matt. I was trying not to act as star struck as I felt. Seriously, Matt's latest youtube video has been viewed more than 37 million times!


After the dancing, we really, really had to wash the mucky, smelly, buggy lake off of us. It was just our small sacrifice for art.

4 comments:

Jenna Holm said...

Margy, you are just too damn cool. Nuff said.

NIblet said...

Seriously, that IS cool. (I know someone who danced with Matt!) I remember watching his vid a couple of years ago.

Robin said...

Seriously. Way cool.

Cindy said...

Margy
Don't know if u will see this since this post was a while back....but I am catching up on reading your blog and saw this wonderful post. It was so touching. What a fascinating inspiring occupation....travel the world getting people to dance and feel good by participating