Thursday, March 15, 2012

Is That True?

In honor of our illustrious state legislature and our governor who will likely sign a bill tens of thousands of people have requested him to veto, I will share one of my most memorable educational moments.

I was in sixth grade. My mom and I were driving home one day, and for whatever reason, I decided it was a fine time to ask her if something I'd heard about the male anatomy was true. Without a word, she immediately pulled over to the side of the road.

"Where did you learn that?" she asked.

"J. and I read it in the encyclopedia," I said.

"It's true," she said, and then she pulled back out into traffic and drove home without saying another word about it.

Update: Well who could have guessed it based on his earlier comments? The governor vetoed the bill. Good on him!

1 comment:

Robin said...

I hadn't heard about the veto yet. Huzzah!