Friday, March 02, 2012

Big B Little b


Because today is a very special day, I'm dipping back into the file for another paper from my school days.

Apparently the effort I put into the cover of a paper about Dr. Seuss my sophomore year didn't save me from a B minus. Topic sentences didn't always tie into my thesis or were missing altogether. I lacked examples from his books to prove my points. And my teacher felt that I'd digressed for several paragraphs after my introduction.

I closed the paper with this quote from an eight-year-old fan of Seuss who wrote the following in a letter: "You sure thunk up a lot of funny books. You sure thunk up a million funny animals. Now this I want to know. Who thunk you up, Dr. Seuss?"

I'd cite my source for this quote, but I neglected to cite it in my paper. I have no idea where it came from.

Yeah, a B minus was probably about right.

Happy birthday, Dr. Seuss!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Very cool. I love Dr. Seuss oh, so very much.