Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Shameless Promotion

A couple of years ago I discovered that a sister (Julie) of one of my best friends from college (Sally) lives about five miles down the road from my parents. It was a pretty big coincidence since my friends grew up in upstate New York and my parents live in Massachusetts.

Really, what are the odds?

Julie and I now make a point of getting together when I'm visiting my parents, and it's especially nice because Jack enjoys hanging out with her four boys (he's plunk in the middle age-wise).

After yesterday's marathon adventure, today was a deliberately unscheduled day. Connecting with Julie and her family was the only thing on our official agenda.

Now for the shameless promotion. Julie (a writer) and Sally (an illustrator) are the creators of a series of books for kids ages 8-12 set at a school for disruptive boys. Funny, funny stuff. (Hmmm, wish I had a bookstore so I could sell them myself.)

After spending a few hours in Julie's house full of boys today, I can't imagine where she gets all her ideas!

2 comments:

Julie Berry said...

I applaud these shameless urges of yours! So fun to see you yesterday. Thanks for hopping to Willow Books with me. And thanks for enduring "Tron Legacy." Oof.

Robin said...

I love deliberately unscheduled days.