Saturday, April 16, 2011

In Which Jack Goes to a Wedding

Technically I went to a wedding, too. But the pictures of Jack are much better!

Here is Jack at the church in Greenwich. (P.S.: He did a great job tying his own tie.)

The ceremony was beautiful. The whole wedding party did a wonderful job supporting the bride and groom. I was especially proud of the three-year-old ring bearer, cousin Boone, who did not have to resort to the plan B his parents came up with after a challenging rehearsal. He made it down the aisle just fine without his mom.

Here is Jack with the flower girls, cousins Abby and Jessie.


In the car yesterday, Jack told me that his dad instructed him to say “yes” and politely oblige if Abby or Jessie ask him to dance at the reception. He ended up having a lot of fun on the dance floor.

Here is Jack with the bride, Lillan.

She looked beautiful and happy today. I think she’s married a man who loves her and will be a good husband to her. One of my favorite moments was watching her father wipe away a few tears as he watched his youngest daughter dance with his new son-in-law.

I’m very glad Jack (and I) got to go to a wedding today.

1 comment:

Robin said...

What a special moment for you to share.

And those flower girl dresses are adorable! I espcially love how age-appropriate they are. There seem to be fewer and fewer of those these days.