Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Five Random Experiences

I'm in the middle of grading a big stack of papers, and my head is full of paper-grading fog. I've got to get back to the stack, so here are five quick random out-of-the-ordinary experiences I had today.
  • The phone rang before my alarm went off this morning. Grrr. (A possible contributor to my fog-filled brain?)
  • I got to drive my neighbor's Cadillac again. While I was adjusting the rear view mirror, I accidently pushed the OnStar button. I've never talked to an OnStar operator before. She was very nice.
  • I stopped by the local art museum and met several people bringing their submissions for the Spring Salon, an annual juried exhibition showcasing pieces by Utah artists. I understand it's quite competitive. It's consistently a good show.
  • Someone called me to schedule an appointment for a background check polygraph test next week.
  • I missed hanging out with Jack at bedtime like I usually do because I was in the middle of grading a big stack of papers. Which I need to get back to. Now.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I read several blogs of students talking about how they're procrastinating the writing of their papers by blogging. However, I think yours is the first teacher's blog talking about procrastinating grading papers by blogging. At least, it's the first one I've read.

Congratulations! You gave me a new experience today.