Friday, April 15, 2011

Arrivals

My Uncle John arrived from Maine in time to celebrate his birthday at lunch time. Everything went well despite the fact that I didn't realize the cake we bought was in the grocery bag I carried in from the car, and Mom had to salvage the frosting after the whole thing tipped on its side! Between the frosting fiasco and the candles we bought that melted way too fast--only four or five of them were even still lit by the time the cake got to the table for the birthday boy to blow them out--it was the saddest birthday cake I've ever seen. But it sure was tasty!


Despite traffic that set us back an hour, my sisters, Jack, and I arrived in Connecticut just in time to celebrate my cousin's wedding at her rehearsal dinner. It was wonderful to meet her husband-to-be for the first time and to catch up with her family.

Here are all of the sisters and cousins. I believe we look better than the birthday cake!


Top left to right: cousin Lillan (the bride), cousin Sandy, Me
Bottom left to right: cousin Tracey, sister Linda, sister Maryann

No comments: