Thursday, August 31, 2006

Pigs Are Flying

The most amazing thing happened on Tuesday after my tennis lesson. You may not think much of this, but I was absolutely astounded.

I was the only person who showed up for the lesson on Tuesday so Jack joined me on the court. He's a brand new player, and he had a great time hitting balls with a borrowed racket. He asked me if we could go to Target to get him a tennis racket when we were done.

As we drove to Target I explained to him that he could check out the toy aisle, but because we were getting him a tennis racket, we wouldn't be buying any toys. He said that he had to check out the Lego. Can't go to Target without checking out the Lego.

When we got to Target we picked out a racket and a can of good tennis balls. Then we headed over to the toy aisle.

We were half way there when Jack stopped and said, "Oh, let's just go home so we can practice tennis." I asked him if he was sure he didn't want to check out the Lego and he said, "I'm sure. Let's go." So we went home and hit some balls.

I'm pretty sure pigs have started flying.

No comments: