Friday, August 04, 2006

Here Lies the Read Leaf

After a two month wake, we will be holding the burial on Saturday, August 12. That will be the last day The Read Leaf will be open at 164 South Main Street.

And you know what? I think I'm really, really ready for it. At least at this moment. I'm anticipating freedom and change. However, I reserve the right to lose it again.

Clearance is going well. People are spending lots of time browsing sections that have often been overlooked and are turning up lots of treasures. We've got great titles left, and we're dropping to 50% off lowest marked price (up to 75% for many titles) in the morning.

I've got specific plans for donating some of the books we'll end up with to causes we care about. BTW, I am not reacting well at the moment to vultures, er, I mean total strangers, asking for donations. And, yeah, I mean people who have never spent a dime or even set foot in our shop before!

Of course, many of the books will just end up on our shelves at home. The rest? I'm planning to sell them online at Alibris, which is a fabulous website for book lovers. So the spirit of The Read Leaf will live on!

1 comment:

The Absent Minded Housewife said...

I came upon your blog by doing a blogsearch on another topic...

You and your husband allowed my husband to host a poetry reading last summer. We were so grateful. We live far from Springville and hosting the reading in our hometown was important to us.

We enjoyed shopping at The Read Leaf when we were in town. It's where my son asked to go when we visited Grandma.

Best wishes