Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Housekeeping

Despite some valiant efforts on my part, I've had a hard time paying attention to anything that isn't a pressing need. Oh, say, like cleaning the house. We've turned our dining room into a dumping ground for things we're bringing home from the store, we have no energy to make Jack pick up after himself (and, believe me, that requires a lot of energy), and we're doing bare, bare minimum chores.

So imagine my surprise when we got home from work at 9:30 last night and instead of collapsing, I actually found myself dusting and vacuuming the front room! I think it was a major psychological turning point for me, being able to accomplish a task outside of the bookstore.

Hmm, I don't want to get ahead of myself, but maybe I'll clean a bathroom tonight . . .

No comments: