Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Spiked

The one and only time I've ever been to an event where the punch was clandestinely spiked was in the dorms at BYU my freshman year.

Multiple people tested and retested the punch to make sure it was spiked before we dumped the bowl of it down the drain. Didn't want to waste it unnecessarily. So funny to watch a group of people who have never had alcohol try to decide if there was, indeed, alcohol present.

A few years later, I was talking to one of my friends, laughing about the incident.

"Did you really think it was funny?" she asked.

"Sure!" I said, "It was so ironic, after all."

"Truly?"

"Yes."

"It was J. and me. We spiked the punch," she confessed. "We were ticked because no one asked us to the dance." Classic.

BYU may be voted the driest university every year, but that doesn't mean it never gets a little wet.

No comments: