Sunday, August 12, 2012

Recovery

I knew I was coming down with something all day yesterday. My throat was scratchy and I ached. Today I can hardly talk, and I'm totally worn out. Roger reported that I snored last night. (Actually, Roger imitated the sound I made and he and Jack just laughed and laughed.) I stayed in bed pretty much all day and read.

The first year we were married, I got sick, and for a very long time I could never really get better. I was eventually diagnosed with chronic sinus infections and treated for that. Then after nearly a year, I finally started getting better, and that is when the doctor discovered that I'd also likely been suffering from mono or some related illness.

Since then, I've tried to be careful not to get too run down. For example, I've let go of any guilt about getting the sleep my body needs, which is more than eight hours a night if I can get it. It's nice that other people can survive perfectly well on less, but I know my body.

I will not be setting an alarm clock for tomorrow.

1 comment:

shelley said...

I have the same theory about sleep. I just have to convince the children....