Monday, August 06, 2012

Sinking

We have had impossibly perfect weather again today! Big on the agenda (besides a long walk on the shore path, a tour around Lake Geneva bay on the Lady of the Lake, and a boat ride to Williams Bay for a belated birthday dinner) was sinking the corner of the swimming raft.

We get as many willing people as we can to crowd onto one corner of the raft and see how far we can tip it before we lose our balance.


When I was about 16, a bunch of us were messing around on the raft, either trying to sink it or playing king of the raft or maybe even both. I got knocked over, but instead of falling straight into the water, I landed on the raft first. Hard.

For the rest of the summer, I had a bruise on the side of my leg that extended all the way from my hip to my knee. I've got a picture of it, but I think this picture of the raft in the glow of the sinking sun is much lovelier.

No comments: