Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Matter of Perspective


As part of the "Research Rescue" fall campaign to encourage students to use the university library, Roger photographed a variety of dogs wearing little red research rescue vests. I went with him to Eagle Mountain last month to photograph this friendly St. Bernard, who was much larger in real life than he appears in this picture.

I don't have a lot of experience with dogs, but some of my earliest experience was hanging out with a St. Bernard at my friend Judy's house when we were kids. He always seemed like such a huge dog for such a not-so-big house.

Mostly he napped, but once in a while he paid attention to us. Because I didn't have much experience with dogs, he scared me a few times. Like when we were loudly practicing our tap dancing on the hardwood floor in the living room and he suddenly jumped at me, teeth bared.

It never occurred to me that I might have been the one who scared him.

No comments: