Saturday, August 11, 2012

Landing

Touched down on the runway in Provo just a little bit late tonight. We started to land, but then went back up so the pilot could reset the landing speed. I guess things weren't quite right on the first attempt. Definitely better safe than sorry.

The craziest landing I ever experienced was a flight somewhere in Mexico when I was a teenager. San Cristobal de las Casas, I think. Anyway, we came down on the runway so hard that the fasten seat belt sign fell off the ceiling and hit me.

The craziest takeoff I ever experienced was in the Caribbean when I was a kid. We'd flown to a small volcanic island called Saba, and when we left we discovered the runway was a bit too short. The pilot warned us ahead of time, but it was still disconcerting to leave the runway and drop hundreds of feet before we gained enough speed to gain altitude.

Always good to make it home.

No comments: