Tuesday, May 01, 2012

May Day

One time Roger and I were miles out in the middle of Utah Lake in a motor boat when the engine died. We called for help on our cell phone and a guy came out and towed us to shore.

I'm sure there are details I could include that would make that story much more interesting, but my eyes are drooping and I must close them. I have run out of gas.

Maybe I'll dream of rocking back and forth in a motor boat on the waves way out in the middle of Utah Lake tonight. That would be nice.

1 comment:

Robin said...

My dad tells a story of when he and a friend went out on Utah Lake in a boat his friend had built. Once they were out quite a ways the boat sank. They treaded water for quite a while before one of them bumped a sandbar with his foot. Turns out they were able to stand there until someone found them. Apparently, Utah Lake isn't very deep.