Friday, May 18, 2012

Born Yesterday

Roger and Jack celebrated their joint birthday yesterday. Pretty neat to get a son for a birthday present!

If anyone is wondering why I didn't write about memories of Jack coming into the world yesterday, it's because we didn't actually meet him until 13 years ago today. When he was a little over 24 hours old, we went to the hospital and spent a couple of hours with Jack, his birth mom and some of her family. We got to hear all about his birth and about how he didn't open up both of his eyes at the same time until we got there. As soon as we heard that story, we were sure he'd be Jack (the bold, happy name) instead of Stephen (the solid, safe name).


Later that afternoon we took him home. The first thing he did was nestle in on Roger's belly and nap. We, of course, were in awe and weren't about to do any napping at all. Going to sleep that night wasn't very high on our list either.


That was the first of many, many nights that Roger and I stayed up late talking about how cool Jack was and about how blessed we were to become his parents. It's truly been an amazing adventure. Seriously, look at that face! 

And I'm sure Jack is going to continue to be such a cutie now that he's a full-on teenager!

3 comments:

Robin said...

Beautiful pictures. Beautiful memories. Thank you for sharing them. How blessed you are!

MaryAnne said...

Oh Margy!!! What an amazing little boy he is!!! And the best thing is he was always your little boy. I knew from the second I saw you and Roger that he was your little boy and not mine! The best part of this story is how fun it was to sneak around the hospital with Jack and really get to know what amazing parents I knew you two would always be. I will never forget that day. I was the happiest person, handing your blessing to you. People have always asked me, how did you know? I always knew that my place was to bring this beautiful little boy into the world to bring you and Roger the joy he has brought you, and will continue to bring you! I can not even express how much joy it has brought to me to be able to be a part of your amazing family's lives!! To be blessed to be a part of something so amazing that other people will never understand. What joy it brought me to had over Jack to his parents. To be able to have had the blessing to carry him for you. I wish people could understand what joy it was to sit with you in the hospital and hand your son to you. To have our "little secret". You are amazing parents and I could have never asked for more. Thank you for being everything I could have ever dreamed of and so much more.

MaryAnne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.