Thursday, March 13, 2014

Five Things Finished

The theme of my day. A good day. There's even a smile at the end :).
  • This morning, I handed out certificates to the men who completed my two-week course at the jail. After "graduation" I usually treat them to a short, fun video (because I can't treat them to any actual treats). Click here to see the one we watched today. I've seen it a bunch of times and it still makes me laugh. I love that there are people like this in the world!
  • After working the maximum numbers of hours I can report on a time card in one pay period, I "had to" leave work at 11:30 a.m. and I "have to" take tomorrow off. Oh, well!
  • Roger and I went out to lunch with his sister Joan, who is in town from Missouri, and I ate my entire Slab Pizza order (though only half at the restaurant, then the other half at home later).
  • After about 20 months, Jack got his second set of braces off! No more brackets and wires and rubber bands for that boy! Well, if he wears his retainers faithfully enough that is. His teeth are free until they arrive from the lab on Tuesday.
  • Tonight was my last Springville City Library Board of Trustees meeting after six years as a board member (we're kicked off after two three-year terms). It's been a great ride! I started the assignment before the bond election to build a new library, served through the design, construction, and grand opening, and have enjoyed watching the ever-increasing circulation numbers and event attendance over the years. It truly is our community's living room.

1 comment:

Robin said...

That was an awesome video! Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your time off; you earned it.

And tell Jack that my oldest daughter wore braces for 5 1/2 years. He got off easy!