Friday, March 07, 2014

Details, Details

In addition to Jack introducing me to my first episode of Dr. Who the other night, I decided to check out another BBC show that I've heard a lot about: Sherlock. Also very entertaining.

While I was driving to work this morning, I was thinking about how Sherlock Holmes paid attention to every detail of every thing and how that is just not me. I pay attention to certain kinds of details, but I can be totally oblivious to others.

So I decided to pay more attention to details. Like businesses I've passed a hundred times and never seen. Like the way the willow trees have started turning green (actually, that is something I notice every year because my soul yearns for spring). Like the bird's nest in the tree right next to the back entrance at work. It looked neat against the blue sky. Neat enough to take a picture.


I mentioned it to the woman at the reception desk. She said, "Yeah? That bird's nest has been there for years."

Um, yeah? Hadn't noticed. Need to work on that.

No comments: