Monday, February 03, 2014

Watch

A friend of mine just went to Paris this past week and that, of course, reminded me of Paris.

The summer before last, I went to Paris with my sister.

Since I am no longer accumulating too many things in life, I only want to buy truly useful souvenirs. I had recently lost my watch and needed a new one for the trip and for both of my jobs, where I must keep careful track of time but am often without a reliable clock or cell phone. Paris would be a fabulous place to buy a new watch!

On our first day there, we wanted to stay up until night time to beat jet lag. So we walked and walked and walked to stay awake. It was rainy, but we didn't let that deter us. We just ducked inside where it was dry anytime something piqued our interest. Cafés, museum shops, the Ferris Wheel in the Jardins des Tuileries, old churches.

And the Swatch store on the Champs Elysées, where I bought this beauty. Classic and understated. Not crazy expensive. It suits me parfaitement. I wear it tous les jours et je pense à Paris.

No comments: