Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Bomb


This is my friend Judy. She hosted our book club meeting tonight. We read The Moons of Jupiter, a collection of short stories by Alice Munro. In one of the stories, "Labor Day Dinner," one of the characters brings a dessert called a raspberry bomb to the party.

This is my friend Judy cutting into the raspberry bomb she made for us. It involved many layers, she said. Cake and ice cream and brownies and raspberry jam and chocolate and berries and I'm sure I'm missing something. I wish that the picture accurately portrayed the sheer scale of the raspberry bomb. We estimated it weighed at least 20 pounds. It took several tries with the largest knives she had just to cut into it. Needless to say, the raspberry bomb will be going down in book club history.

This is my friend Judy. She's the bomb, too.

2 comments:

Robin said...

It was really an amazing creation. It was yummy, even though we were all laughing.

And, yes, Judy is the bomb. Don't you just love her smile?

Melissa Wallentine said...

Sorry I missed it! Massive headache, but the smile looks even more inviting than the dessert!