Sunday, February 23, 2014

Beautiful Life

Some Sunday afternoons, I go in to work to meet with inmates who have jobs and take classes during the week. The last thing I did before I left my office was message one who had been having a real tough couple of days. "Sending positive thoughts," I wrote.

Then, as I walked down the long, long main hall to the exit, I passed by a sergeant's station and heard a song playing.

When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's amore!

I stopped and smiled at the sergeant, and then as I continued to walk, he turned the volume way up. Music filled the air, transforming the whole place. My heart suddenly felt light!

When you dance down the street with a cloud at your feet, you're in love 

And then I walked out the door to this.


Bells will ring ting-a-ling-a-ling ting-a-ling-a-ling and you'll sing, "Vita Bella"

No comments: