Thursday, June 21, 2012

Obsession

After our event at the Springville library tonight, we went to a wedding reception at a hillside home in Provo. Perfect weather, spectacular views and, sigh, an infinity pool.

I obsessed about having a swimming pool when I was growing up. Sometimes I filled up our aluminum canoe with freezing cold water from the hose and swam laps under the thwarts. I was serious.

My parents swore they would never put in a pool. Turned out that "never" meant "until you grow up and leave home."

1 comment:

Robin said...

I was sad to miss the C.S. Lewis discussion. I love him. Screwtape Letters is my favorite book.

I love the story about the pool. I know where your parents are coming from, though. I've started calculating how many things we'll be able to afford after the kids finally all move out. I can't wait for a little breathing room financially.

We won't be buying a pool though.