Thursday, June 14, 2012

Homesick No More

I'm staying up too late working on organizing things for a trip to Europe and Africa with one of my sisters next week. At this point, my biggest challenge is figuring out how to fit everything I need into carryon luggage. I want to travel light because I'm going to be hauling my stuff all over the place.

Though I will definitely miss my boys as they hold down the fort at home, I can't express how much I am looking forward to this adventure!

Given that, it seems so funny to me now that when I was eight and nine, I used to freak out and call my parents in the middle of the night to come get me when I was sleeping over at a friend's house. Not every time. But it happened more than once.

It was awfully good of them to not only come get me, but to let me try again the next time I got an invitation.


1 comment:

Robin said...

I hope you have a fabulous, healing time on your trip.