Saturday, June 24, 2006

The Wedding

Yesterday was a beautiful day for Shelley and Trevor's wedding, and they were just beaming the whole time! We had a chance to attend the wedding at the Salt Lake Temple earlier in the day and then we spent the evening at the reception at Shelley's family's home here in Springville.

In all of the madness of our lives right now, it was a real blessing to take a few hours out of the middle of the day to go to the temple and to spend time with Roger and Jack away from everything.

Not only was it a joyful occasion that was an honor to be a part of, it was an opportunity to stop and breathe and focus on what's truly most important in my life. My family, my friends, my faith and my spirit. How I move through this world and how I connect with people is where I measure my success. Having integrity, for example, is far more important to me than having stuff. Having a true friend is so much more valuable than being admired.

Shelley and her family sure know how to throw a party! Lots of tasty treats, lots of fairy lights and candles, a great swing band and a dance floor all in their back yard that borders Hobble Creek.

Just as we planned, we borrowed our neighbor's golf cart, tied some balloons on it and shuttled people back and forth between the house and the church parking lot a couple of blocks away. It wasn't a necessary service (though we did help one little girl who didn't feel well and her mom get back to their car), but it sure was fun! And Jack was thrilled to help Shelley's brothers decorate her car.

All in all, it was a magical day for Shelley and Trevor, and the magic spilled right over onto the rest of us.

No comments: