Thursday, November 27, 2008

Five Things I Am Thankful For

  • I am thankful for a husband who loves me and supports me despite my often selfish and erratic ways. And I love him.
  • I am thankful that I get to be Jack's mom. What a funny, smart, creative, tenderhearted boy he is! I sure don't want him to grow up too fast, but I am so curious about the man he will become.
  • I am thankful to know so many amazing people--family and friends--who teach me so much. I am so often truly inspired by you all!
  • I am thankful that the challenges in my life are rooted in abundance rather than scarcity. My prayer is to turn the temptation to eat too much, to revel too much in the comforts of my life and to feel overwhelmed by all of the stuff we own into fuel to feed a generous, giving spirit.
  • I am thankful that my parents set me on a spiritual path that keeps me committed to wrestling with faith, hope and charity.

2 comments:

Kazzy said...

Great things to be thankful for. Nice, grateful post, friend. Have a terrific day!

Jim Layton said...

I am thankful for a brother and sister-in-law with whom my son could enjoy Thanksgiving.