Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Life Is Good

I'm feeling so much better after being under the weather for weeks. Monday morning I woke up without a fever, and I've got my brain back! I'm pacing myself, but I'm feeling optimistic.

Somehow we made it though Halloween without taking a single photograph of Jack dressed up as Indiana Jones! Above is a photo of Jack taken earlier this year (thus the green leaves on the trees and the roof off the jeep), wearing one (!) of his Indiana Jones hats and the shirt we custom tore for him. He is sans the questy map case with the leather strap that he wears across his chest, but you might be able to see the whip he's holding in his right hand.

I am so happy to report that I only have a handful of essays in my "to be graded" folder for my UVU classes (I'll be making quick work of those after I'm done posting here).

I am so happy to report that Jack woke up on his own for the past two days. And with the newly fallen snow on the ground, I didn't have to ask him twice to get dressed. He was out the door to check out the snow before the school bus came, so I didn't even have to drive him to school!

I am so happy to report that the bond election for a new library in Springville passed with flying colors. This will be so good for our community on so many levels!

Oh, and Obama will be the 44th president of the United States. I'm still pinching myself.

2 comments:

Jenna Holm said...

Me too. I'm can't decide whether to jump for joy or cry tears of joy. Either way, it's a big sigh of relief!

Kazzy said...

Between Obama's speech last night and watching MLK's speech online today I have been quite weepy. Feels good though.