Sunday, August 31, 2008

P.S.

I finally got caught up on the parts of the Democratic National Convention that I had recorded this week, including Obama's acceptance speech. 

One of the big reasons I hope he is elected our next president is that he believes in personal responsibility and that we can all be a part of the solution (in improving the economy, in achieving energy independence, in improving education, etc.). He believes parents should parent, that employers should treat employees with dignity and respect, and that we all as individuals can contribute meaningfully to the fabric of our society.

And he has the ability to inspire people to rise to the call.

3 comments:

Kazzy said...

Got you on my list now. I am glad you commented on my blog so that I could check out yours. I am so impressed on your micro diary that you seem to make daily entries without missing. I wish. Btw, can you help me decide whom I should vote for???

Teresa Jordan said...

It's so refreshing to hear someone around here openly endorse Obama. Margy, you're a democrat living in a republican world (er...I mean state). I LOVE IT! I don't think I can take any more republican educational policy. I've been thinking that instead of "No Child Left Behind", they could pass a law "No Women Overweight, Shabbily Dressed or Living on Salaries under 100K a year by 2010" What do you think?
Are you surviving your schedule? I am so excited for your exhibit!

Anonymous said...

Wait a second what is this about personal responsibility? Look at his own words. In his memoir while discussing his drug use here are Obama's own words about a discussion with his mother. "I had given her a reassuring smile and patted her hand and told her not to worry, I wouldn't do anything stupid. It was usually an effective tactic, another of those tricks I had learned: People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves."

And he has said that if one of his daughters were in Bristol Palin's place he "wouldn't want her punished with a baby". Hmmm.

Seems just like most of the other politcians to me. No change here.