Thursday, August 21, 2008

Five Reasons to Be Stressed

  1. I'm starting a new job today at the Springville High School Library. I'm officially a "library technician." I'm not nervous about the work, but I am nervous about getting my hours in.
  2. I'm starting a new job tomorrow teaching classes at Utah Valley University. Actually, I don't start teaching until next Wednesday, but I've got training from 8 to 3 tomorrow and I'm supposed to turn in my syllabus. I haven't finished putting it together yet. But I will!
  3. I'm ordering several thousand dollars worth of point-of-sale system for the museum store with a donor's money, and they want me to order it fast. I keep building and rebuilding the system on the Dell website, trying to get all the features we need and still staying within the budget. Lucky for me I don't have the museum's credit card information yet, so I don't have to press enter on the order.
  4. We're hanging the children's picture book exhibition at the museum on September 4th, and I'm still waiting to find out what some of the pieces will be. 
  5. We got an offer on my brother's house. It is far below the asking price, but it is the only written offer we've ever gotten (including the year my brother had it on the market before I got involved in January). So over the next two days, I've got to get a counteroffer together, coordinating communications with a brother in Kenya and a real estate agent in Boston. But I can't have my cell phone on all the time because I'm starting two new jobs!

1 comment:

Teresa Jordan said...

Margy,

You have every right to be stressed! I would be too. However, from one "over-her-head-mother" to another, you will be fine. When I land in these predicaments I find it best to take things one day at a time and CHERISH small moments of relaxation in between the craziness. Is there anything I can do to help?