Monday, October 01, 2012

Interpretations, Anyone?

I used to have recurring dreams quite often when I was younger. Not so much anymore, though I still dream a lot. Here are some of the recurring ones I remember.

The odd:
  • Going into some kind of building with a vestibule full of ironing ghosts. Yes, ironing. With boards and irons. Ghosts.
  • Losing teeth and watching them turn into lima beans.

The classic: 
  • Being able to run in huge leaps and bounds from one end of town to the other in mere minutes.
  • Being able to breathe while swimming underwater. I think this was my version of flying.
  • Discovering while waiting for the school bus that I have forgotten to get dressed.

The last one morphed into discovering that I was registered for a class in college the day before final exams. Then when I finished college it morphed into trying but failing to find some mysterious box in the basement full of financial paperwork that I needed for any of a variety of reasons. Thankfully, I haven't had any dreams like that for years, though I'm not sure why because I have a million things I should be doing but don't.

No comments: