Monday, September 10, 2012

They Do

We're just barely home from a whirlwind trip to Wisconsin for my youngest cousin's wedding.

I was thinking on the plane flying home that I've been to nearly all of my first cousins' weddings. Not that I have that many cousins--just eleven--but I do have many good memories of many lovely family celebrations, welcoming exceptional people into our fold.

On my mom's side of the family, I saw Tracey, Sandy, and Lillan all married in Connecticut where they grew up.

On my dad's side of the family, I saw Sally, David, and Talia get married in Wisconsin, Megan get married north of San Francisco, and Julie get married in Washington, D.C.

The weddings I missed were Charles' in Japan and Tom's in New York. At least I think he got married in New York. I don't think anyone actually knew about his wedding until after the fact. Maybe his parents did. Maybe they didn't.

Sarah is the only cousin who is not married yet, but she's well on her way, engaged to a great guy. Whether they quietly elope one day or have a big party, I'm happy for her!

No comments: