Friday, September 07, 2012

Cold Feet

It's cold and rainy where I am right now. Time for some good warm memories.

Like the fourth of July bonfire we built on my grandmother's beach on Long Island Sound one year. Or the time I slept at my friend Sally's old farmhouse and her mother put rocks that she'd heated up on the stove and wrapped in towels at the foot of my bed.

Hmm. That doesn't help. Maybe some bad memories.

Summer cross country drives without air conditioning, peeling myself off my seat every time I stopped for gas. Heat waves that made sleeping even under a thin sheet unbearable. Being trapped on a plane for hours on the tarmac at Washington National without proper ventilation.

Still not helping. Still cold. I'm going to go find some more layers. And socks. Socks would be smart.

No comments: