Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Fluffernutter

When I was a kid, one of my favorite sandwiches was a peanut butter and marshmallow fluff sandwich. If I had access to marshmallow fluff out here in the west, I would make me a fluffernutter sandwich right this minute. All we have here, though, is a marshmallow cream and it's just not the same.

I was envious when I discovered that by the time my sisters were in elementary school, a fluffernutter sandwich was always the third choice on the lunch menu.

Once in a while someone brings us a jar or two of fluff from back east. A few years ago, my uncle sent us some through the mail (one of the plastic containers exploded just a little, but since he had the foresight to pack each one in a ziplock bag, we were able to salvage it all).

Oh, fluff, you are too far away from me tonight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Margy, I want one of these now!! I haven't heard of this wonderful creation before!