Monday, July 30, 2012

And Other Delights

We went to cousin Linda's cottage for an impromptu concert tonight. Her very talented grandson, a year older than Jack, played the trumpet for us, improvising with a jazz app playing background music on his iPod. He asked for requests; my mind was completely blank.

All I could think of was this 1965 album, which we had while I was growing up. I adored it and played it over and over for years (we even used it for music class when my friends and I played school). But couldn't remember the names of any of the songs off the top of my head. I might have to ask him to play "A Taste of Honey" for me tomorrow.


After the concert we took a box of cupcakes left over from yesterday's birthday party down to the pier and ate them up after a sunset swim.

No comments: