Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Meeses


A few weeks ago we drove up to Cascade Springs and were surprised to see a moose! In the past 25 years I've only seen three other moose in Utah (and can I just say it is a bit scary to think that I came to Utah for my freshman year 25 years ago!).

The first moose I saw in Utah was on a drive on the Alpine Loop up above Sundance. We were entertaining a business associate visiting from Minnesota. Then, amazingly, the second moose I saw was the very next day up Hobble Creek Canyon entertaining the very same business associate.

Two moose in two days! I figured it had something to do with the fact that we were with a Minnesotan. Maybe Minnesotans attract moose.

Years later, Roger and I were invited to play golf at the Hobble Creek golf course. I'd never played golf before. Just as I swung back my club to tee off for the very first time in my life, Roger said, "Look, there's a moose!"

I thought he was trying to be funny. You know, to psyche me out. He said, "No really, look!" I looked up and sure enough, there was a moose taking a drink from the pond about a hundred yards away. Apparently he's a fixture at the golf course.

No comments: