Saturday, October 21, 2006

Hark! A New Goal

I'm very, very good at setting goals and very, very bad at following through. Maybe I should really just refer to goal setting as dreaming dreams. Anyway, I've decided to set a new short-term goal that I believe I can and will accomplish.

I took piano lessons on and off while I was growing up, and never quite internalized the whole concept of practicing. I'm pretty sure I drove my mother nuts with my noodling. If and when I actually did play the music I was supposed to be practicing, I would play it fast when it was supposed to be slow or loud when it was supposed to be soft.

As a result, my repertoire is very spotty, and does not include any classic Christmas carols. So, by Christmas Day I intend to master the following Christmas carols: Hark the Herald Angels Sing, O Come All Ye Faithful, Silent Night, Joy to the World, The First Noel, O Little Town of Bethlehem, Angels We Have Heard on High and Away in a Manger.

You all can check up on me if you'd like, but you might get roped into a sing-along!

No comments: