Thursday, September 21, 2006

Singing in the Rain

Fall weather has hit us hard this past week. Lots of rain and much cooler temperatures. I'm mourning the fact that I've had to wear socks. I need more sandal weather before the snow flies!

Last Friday night Roger and I went to an outdoor concert at Sundance. One of our very favorite local musicians, Cherie Call, was opening for one of the big local musicians, Peter Breinholt, who we've never seen in concert. And another big local musician, Ryan Shupe, showed up to play a few songs and plug an upcoming concert. All in all, a very satisfying evening. We didn't even mind the fact that it rained the whole time because we brought a big umbrella and stayed cozy and dry!


These days we've got to make a point of paying attention and planning ahead to hear live music. No more bringing the music to us at The Read Leaf. All told, we hosted more than 100 concerts over the years!

Speaking of music, if you're not from my generation, you may be wondering where my new blog name came from. It's part of a line from one of my favorite songs, "What I Am" by Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians: "Shove me in the shallow water before I get too deep." You can listen to the whole song here.

No comments: