Thursday, July 13, 2006

713

Here's a wacky confession and today is just the day to make it.

Most of the time I was growing up, I lived at 713 Main Street. My parents still live at that address.

Almost every day, and sometimes several times a day, I see the number 713 somewhere. I catch the digital clock at exactly 7:13. A purchase I make comes to $7.13. I see 713 on a license plate. Someone at the store pays with check number 713. I pay our cable bill and our account number ends with 713. Today's date is 7/13.

It's actually pretty amazing how often I see 713. And every single time I see it, I think of home and remember that my parents love me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how associations with numbers stick in out minds?

As a boy my brother sailed off in the Newport to Bermuda Race on a boat with the sail number of 461. For some reason, like your 713, for the next 50 years I've seen 461 everywhere.

Then there's 911. All my life it was my Mom's birthday. Then it also became the number to dial in an emergency. Then came 2001 ...

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, that first comment was from me but the site decided to post it anonymously and not allow me to edit it. Grrrrrr! LOL

Anonymous said...

Woah! I totally notice 713 all over the place, too...when I see the clock at 7:13 I make a wish, been doing it for years, I don't know why--somebody just told me to do that once and it stuck. Also remember that 713 was the number of the vault at Gringotts where the sorcerer's stone was kept in Harry Potter!

Anonymous said...

7/13 is my b-day, so I love that number too! ---sbm