Friday, November 11, 2011

I'd Just as Soon Take a Pass


Except for a few outpatient procedures and a trip to the emergency room with a dislocated shoulder from a skiing accident a few years ago, I don't believe my 74-year-old father has ever been in the hospital.

And now he's spending his first night in one. My iron-man father, who at 74 can still heft an aluminum canoe up on his shoulders and carry it all by himself.

It's possible he's experienced a minor stroke, but we won't know for sure until he gets the test results. I talked with him a little while ago and he sounds upbeat, his speech only slightly slurred.

Please keep him in your prayers.

2 comments:

Luann said...

Prayers a plenty for all of you.

Robin said...

You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

May you find moments of peace during this difficult time. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.