Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Fed Body and Soul

I met my friend Ann in Salt Lake City for lunch today. She made three restaurant suggestions, and even though they all sounded fabulous, it was an easy choice. I picked the one I'd never been to before. You know, so I'd have something new to blog about today.

We met at the Oasis Cafe. Ann recommended the salmon lox crustini. Another easy choice. I didn't even bother to look at the rest of the menu, and I wasn't disappointed.

My favorite part of the meal, though? The conversation. Ann is interesting and wise and funny. At one point we talked about how to balance getting after our kids and giving them room to be responsible for themselves. Ann's clue that she might have been nagging her sons a bit too much? When their pet parrot started saying things like, "Brush your teeth. Brush your teeth."

Oh, Ann, thanks for the good food and the great laugh!

1 comment:

Kazzy said...

Sounds like a fun and inspiring afternoon!