Saturday, January 05, 2008

Synchronicity

According to Wikipedia, synchronicity "is the experience of two or more events which occur in a meaningful manner, but which are causally unrelated."

The other day I was listening to a presentation given by author Carol Lynn Pearson about one of her books, Consider the Butterfly, in which she shares some of her experiences with the magic of coincidence and the lessons she's taken from them.

The next day I was watching an episode of Iconoclasts that Roger recorded for me more than a month ago with mind/body/spirit guru Deepak Chopra and comedian Mike Meyers. Several times their conversation turned to this idea of synchronicity. (By the way, this is a fabulously interesting series that, according to executive producer Robert Redford, "explores the intersection where two great talents meet.")

I believe I have had a synchronous event about synchronicity. Cool.

No comments: