Thursday, August 30, 2007

Back to School

Summer isn't officially over, but it may as well be. No more long lazy days at the reservoir. School is now back in session. Actually, it has been for over a week here, and we've been busy! Jack is adjusting fairly well, except for the occasional "Mom, I'm just not used to going to school all day and having to get homework done, too!"

Because they completely rebuilt Jack's school last year, the school district had a ribbon cutting the day before school started. We went to get photographs of the event--I've volunteered to do the PTA newsletter this year. And we had a surprise guest at the event! Here's a picture of Jack with U.S. Congressman Chris Cannon.

Not only have we been busy with school,* but we've also had houseguests (Aunt Cindy came with cousin Sarah to get her settled into her new apartment and her junior year at BYU) and a family wedding (congratulations to nephew Jordan and his bride Cali!).

*I need to qualify this statement about being busy with school. I haven't actually been busy with school, only Jack has. But I've been very busy with lots of things I put off doing because I've had Jack at home with me (this summer was the first summer I've ever been a stay-at-home mom with a husband off at work all day). So I've been busy getting together with friends, running on the canyon trail, visiting the art museum, etc. And I really ought to get busy getting the oil changed in the car, grocery shopping, etc., etc.

No comments: