Monday, June 23, 2008

Restless

For the past week or two I have had many moments of serious restlessness. My favorite diversions are no longer satisfying. I need to be engaged in something more substantial. I'm ready to be engaged in something.

I'm taking this as a good sign. For so many, many months after we closed our book store I was unable to muster up much emotional energy for any significant endeavor. In fact, the idea of engaging in anything that required any kind of commitment was emotional and overwhelming.

Because of that, I've procrastinated. A lot.

I've ignored old household projects that needed to be done and let new ones build up. I've put off getting fully involved in the details of the art exhibition I'm curating. I've put off eating healthfully and getting into shape. I've put off dentist and doctor appointments. I've put off stacks of filing in my office. I've put off getting more involved with the museum store. I've put off entering boxes and boxes of books online to get them sold. And so on and so on.

I've also had to wait and wait for other things to fall in place. It's a long process getting hired on and scheduled for classes at UVU (I started a year ago and still don't know when or what I'll be teaching this fall). It's a long process applying for and getting a job with the school district.

I am bored, bored, bored to the bones.

It's time to get things done.

1 comment:

Teresa Jordan said...

Margy,

Although it doesn't make me happy to hear of your frustrations, it does make me happy that someone else out there feels exactly like I do! Summer is especially hard for me and I really think that I'm more productive when I work full time. I am bored and lonely and all of the things that most moms feel, but will never admit to. Let's go to the reservior. Maybe we can bring little projects there and work on them (kill two birds with one stone). Call me!

Teresa

PS. We tagged Jack on my blog - visit to see the questions.