Saturday, March 01, 2008

Leap Year at the DMV

Jack and our red Jeep at the sand dunes, Fall 2003

I am thankful that February had an extra day this year. We missed the window for mailing in our registration renewal for our 1994 Wrangler so I had to do it in person. And of course I waited until the very last day of the month to do it!

I wasn't too worried. They've got a great system at the DMV in Provo. I had a nice conversation with the woman sitting next to me while I waited for them to call my number. It took less than 15 minutes even though the place was packed with people.

The DMV is a fabulous place to people watch--it draws in a cross section of the entire community. I heard at least three languages besides English.

Driving our Jeep in wide open spaces. Efficient government bureaucracy. Being surrounded by people from all over the world. This is the America I revel in.

No comments: