Monday, January 22, 2007

Could My Head Actually Explode?

Oh, I thought I was starting to feel better the other day, but no such luck. I am slowly emerging from days of having one of the worst headaches I think I've ever had. I made Roger and Jack take me to the instacare on Saturday morning and they gave me lots of good things to help me get better.

Even now the Monday after, I can't look to my right or left without my head feeling like it might explode. So I avoid looking to the side. Just sitting here looking straight ahead, I feel pretty okay.

An entire week of my life has been spent doing nothing.

Well, not exactly nothing. I've been re-reading one of my all-time favorite novels, East of Eden by John Steinbeck, along with a copy of a collection of daily letters that he wrote to his editor while he was writing the book (Journal of a Novel).

One of my book clubs will be discussing East of Eden on Thursday, and I'm so looking forward to the discussion. It's the kind of book that makes a person think hard about human nature--what we're made of and what we're capable of. I need a good book group discussion quick, before my head explodes!

No comments: