Thursday, January 19, 2012

Up Too Late

Tonight we launched our new "So You Want to Read" series at the Springville library. Our speakers, authors Ann Cannon and Louise Plummer, were absolutely perfect for the kickoff presentation. They spoke about books they've read over the years that they loved, that they hated but then loved when they reread them as adults, that surprised them, and that stretched them. And they completely charmed us.

So I thought I'd write a memory about reading in their honor.

When I was in early elementary school, I always made sure that my bedroom door was a little ajar when it was time to turn out the lights. I only had to lean a little bit from my bed to catch the light from the hallway and stay up longer than I was supposed to reading books. The book I remember the most from that time was Danny and the Dinosaur. My favorite part was when the dinosaur totally failed at the game of hide and seek because there was nothing large enough for him to hide behind. (What would a psychoanalyst have to say about that?)

I still like to stay up too late reading in bed. Roger loves that about me. Don't you, Rog?

2 comments:

Uncle John said...

Does Roger have one of those little black eye masks? LOL

Robin said...

I loved the presentation. It was really tough for me to get out the door and get there. I was glad I did. Thanks.