Monday, January 02, 2012

The Big Dig

There's another layer to this 2012 writing project. Actually many layers. Of buildup. In my office. It's just been a place to deposit things; I haven't actually worked in there for months and months.

I figure that organizing my office and mining for memories will go hand in hand.

After debating about posting a photo, I decided in the end that a public visual confession will help motivate me to action.


I meant to start tackling it today (once I packed up Christmas decorations, which I also didn't get to). My token effort was throwing away the long dead roses in a vase on the windowsill.

Flash back to my 16th birthday when my grammie sent me 16 long-stem red roses with a crisp new dollar bill tied to each one with a ribbon, delivered to our house by an actual florist. Sweet.

Update: Three days in and I've already had a serious memory fail. I woke up the morning after I wrote this obsessed about finding the picture of the 16 roses I knew I had somewhere. Turns out there was not a dollar bill tied to each rose, but rather the bills were tied together in a bouquet, which was then tied to the roses with a ribbon. Still sweet!


1 comment:

Robin said...

The first thing I noticed in the picture was the awesome color of the walls. It rocks! I can't wait to see what you do to the room to create your haven. I hope everything falls wonderfully into place and it becomes a place of peace and refuge for you.